Benito School District was formally established in March 1907. In February 1913, it consolidated with other schools in the vicinity to form Benito Consolidated School No. 1408. The next year the old one room school was replaced by the two-storey, four classroom, brick veneer structure pictured below.
In April 1967, the school became part of the Swan Valley School Division No. 35 and remained open until 1974 and in 2000 it was demolished.
The new Benito School was built in 1963. An addition (the open area) was added to the original structure in 1975. Funding for the construction was provided by Swan Valley School Division No. 35 and the Province of Manitoba.