Friday, June 22
Event Order of Grad 2018
1. Group Grad Photo @ 3:15 pm
*Outside on the Football Field OR Cafeteria
2. Graduation Ceremony – SVRSS Gym @ 4:00 pm
3. Graduation Banquet – Swan River Curling Rink @ 7:30 pm upon completion of Grad Ceremony
4. Safe Grad to follow banquet in the Swan River Curling Rink starting @ 10:00 pm
Grad Slide Show
If you have not submitted your baby/toddler & recent photo for the grad slideshow, please do so by Friday, June 8, 2018! Photos can be handed into the Resource Centre or emailed to email@example.com.
A professional 2-camera video production will be produced of the grad ceremony and banquet. $30 for DVDs or Blu-ray or $35 for a set of both. Orders will be taken Tuesday, May 29 – Thursday, May 31, 2018 in the front hall during lunch break. Contact Kevin Penner @ 204-734-9179 if you have any questions.
Fees will be collected from Tuesday, May 22 – Monday, May 28, 2018 in the General Office. The fee is $50.00 for each student. This covers the cost of the grad gown rental, shipping fees, diploma photo, souvenir cap and tassel; it also helps to cover the cost of ticket/program paper and decorations as grads choose for the auditorium. This fee is non-refundable after Friday, June 1, 2018 because the gown cannot be returned after they are shipped.
Graduation Ceremony – 4:00 pm
Graduation Ceremony Tickets
Grads taking part in the graduation ceremony may receive up to 6 guest tickets. Tickets will be distributed from the Resource Centre the week of Monday, June 4 – Friday 8, 2018. All school fees and grad fees must be paid before tickets will be distributed. When paying grad fees, requests for extra tickets will be taken. If extra tickets become available, they will be distributed evenly amongst those who requested them. See Mrs. Cathy Petelski in the Resource Centre or contact her for individual requests at 734-4511, ext. 2141, or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special seating is available only for the disabled and the elderly who cannot sit in the bleachers. If you have special seating needs, your child may indicate this at the time that he/she pays grad fees. Students must see Mrs. Cathy Petelski in the Resource Centre or you may contact her for individual requests at 734-4511, ext. 2141, or e-mail at email@example.com. Deadline to reserve special seating is Friday, June 15, 2018 (maximum of four seats may be reserved.)
All grads participating in graduation ceremony MUST attend the graduation ceremony rehearsal Thursday, June 21, 2018 @ 2:00 PM sharp!!! Everyone will meet in the Gym.
There will be a grad group photo prior to ceremony. Group photo will commence @ 3:15 pm. Students are to meet promptly at the bleachers on the football field. If weather does not permit, the photo will be re-located indoors in the cafeteria.
Grad Banquet – 7:30 pm
(upon completion of grad ceremony)
Tickets are $20.00 each and are on sale
from Tuesday, May 29 – Thursday, May 31, 2018 (see Mrs. Staniland in the front hall during lunch break for tickets). Cheques made payable to “SVRSS SCHOOL FUNDS”. All outstanding school fees and grad fees must be paid before banquet tickets can be purchased. Grads must include themselves when determining the number of tickets needed. Grads may purchase as many tickets as necessary and may request the following: seating preferences (near another grad), special seating (wheelchairs, walkers, etc.), and gluten free meals. Seating is assigned; therefore, the tickets CANNOT be transferred between grads.
Order of Banquet Exercises
The Grand March starts at 7:15 pm sharp upon completion of Grad Ceremony! Banquet starts at 7:30 pm! We will not wait for late guests or grads! The order will be:
- Grand March of Grads
- Short Welcome Program
- Buffet Supper
To move from banquet to safe grad as quickly as possible, one member from each grad family attending banquet is asked to remain and assist with the cleaning and removal of tables and chairs.
The regular buffet menu:
Roast Beef with Gravy Pickles
Vegetable Rolls with Butter
Baked Potatoes 2 Salads
Punch for Toasts
Coffee, Tea and Cold Sodas
The gluten free buffet menu:
Roast Beef in Juice
Gluten Free Perogies
Assorted Gluten Free Desserts
Gluten Free Buns/Butter
Coffee, Tea and Cold Sodas
*banquet menu is subject to change
*Reminder that all gluten free meals must be requested at the time of ticket purchase
Safe Grad – 10:00 pm
Main entrance for Safe Grad will be the South East door. The North East overhead door will be for fresh air area only! Doors close @ 11:00 pm for Safe Grad.
*Clean-up Committee needs helpers! Many volunteers are needed to help clean up during and after Safe Grad. Please contact Dean Pardoski @ 204-734-4511, ext. 2051 if you can help!
Saturday, May 12 – Saturday, June 16, 2018: Tuesday & Thursday evenings from 6:45 – 10:00 pm and Saturdays from 11:00 am – 5:00 pm @ SVRSS Trades Building Shop. Volunteers Needed!!!
- Sunday, June 17, 2018 at 12:00 pm @ the Curling Rink.
All Grads attending Safe Grad must help fundraise.
- SVSD 50th Celebration BBQ – Thursday, May 31, 2018. Volunteers needed; sign-up sheets are posted in the office.
- Grad raffle tickets & money are due to Jenifer Ferland no later than 3:30 pm on Thursday, May 31, 2018. Draw will be made at SVSD 50th Celebration. Winner of the TV will be announced at this time.
*Watch for announcements in the Morning Bulletin and listen for all announcements at break time!
Safe Grad Tickets
The cost to attend Safe Grad is $15.00 each and Grads must pay as well. It is very important that all forms are signed and handed in, with the money, to Ms. Tara Woolgar in the General Office during the week of Monday, June 4 – Friday, June 8, 2018. Actual tickets will not be distributed; instead, there will be a master list at the door. All Grad guests need to be approved by Mr. Pardoski!
***Reminder grad guests must also provide a location to be delivered after the Safe Grad event.
Rules and Regulations of Safe Grad
- Admission to Safe Grad will be limited to graduates and their invited guests. Each graduate may only invite 2 guests. Supervisors at the door will have a list of graduates and their guests. No one will be allowed in without his or her name being on the master list.
- PHOTO ID is required at the door.
- All grads and guests 18 years and older will be identified with a special wristband (photo ID is required for a wristband). Only people with wristbands may purchase alcohol. Parent supervisors may refuse to serve anyone who has “had too much to drink”. Anyone including the grad, giving alcoholic drinks to minors will be held legally responsible. If an adult knowingly supplies liquor to a minor, they are also breaking the law and could be fined.
- Grads and guests are responsible for their own behavior.
- Grads are responsible for the actions and damages of their guests.
- No one under Grade 11 and no one over the age of 20, unless a grad, will be allowed to attend.
- Doors open after 10:00 pm.
- No one will be allowed to enter Safe Grad after 11:00 pm without prior permission granted by Mr. Pardoski. No graduates or guests will re-enter the Safe Grad location once they have left.
- No liquor shall be brought from outside into the Safe Grad area – persons/property may be searched and must be left in the security area. Entry will be denied if illegal liquor, drugs or weapons are found.
- Grads and guests will only be allowed possession of two drinks at any one time.
- MLCC Regulations regarding consumption of alcohol by minors shall apply.
- The “bar” will close at 3:00 am.
- Any person in possession of an illegal substances, involved in a fight, or any other aggressive physical contact, either as an instigator or as a retaliator, will be escorted home with “no questions asked”.
- The grad’s parents or Safe Grad transportation personnel will drive each grad home, regardless of how much he/she has had to drink. If grad, escort & guest wish to leave early, parents or volunteer drivers will be notified to pick them up. They will either be turned over to the parents at the site or the volunteer driver will turn them over to the parent at home. Parents will be called prior to drop-off to ensure that students are returned home & to sign the Transportation form. Parents are encouraged to pick their children up when they are ready to leave Safe Grad. This will avoid delays in the delivery of Safe Grad participants after the event.
- It is imperative that NO PARENTS ALLOW AN ALCOHOL PARTY TO BE PLANNED PRIOR TO OR AFTER THE SAFE GRAD as this mainly makes a mockery of our whole Safe Grad planning concept.
- The Graduates have decided to set-up various picture stations around the event. Please be aware that these photos may be posted to social media. If people do not want their pictures posted, they will have to opt out of this part of Safe Grad entertainment.
***The Safe Grad Committee will provide supervision to maintain as safe a graduation as possible, but will not be held liable.
SCHOLARSHIPS AND BURSARIES
In order to be considered for the scholarships and bursaries that are distributed during the graduation ceremony, graduates are asked to complete an application form. The applications are available from Mrs. Simpson in the Learning Support Centre and must be completed and submitted by Thursday, May 24, 2018. Also, there is a Swan River and Minitonas MMF Local award for students from Métis descent that requires students to complete an application and submit it by Thursday, May 24, 2018. These can also be picked up in the Learning Support Centre.