Ready to Succeed.
“The mission of Swan Valley School Division is to create an inspiring, learning community where all belong, contribute and succeed”
WHAT WE BELIEVE WE NEED TO BE DOING
- Offer programs which provide relevant and meaningful education to all students, emphasizing those communication skills and basic mathematical and scientific concepts necessary to the development of critical thought and awareness of responsible citizens.
- Foster excellence in the delivery of our education services through regular review and monitoring of programs, thereby assuring accountability and ongoing improvement.
- Promote tolerance, mutual respect and responsible behaviour as the means of preserving and enhancing opportunities for all students in the Division and, more generally, as the key elements in a pluralistic democracy.
- Utilize technology in a manner which enhances educational programming by promoting and developing students' access to information and their ability to understand and use it productively.
- Focus on lifelong learning in our program planning and delivery, in the disposal of our resources, in our relations with and expectations of staff and our engagement with the community.
- Foster such a cooperative partnership and level of communication between school and community that the needs of all learners will be recognized and met.