SVSD invites applications for Educational Assistant Substitutes.
Criteria for applying –
• ability to follow detailed oral and written instructions, including technology
• willingness to become part of a cooperative working team and to respect the confidentiality that is necessary regarding student situations and school programming
• Grade 12 diploma
• ability to work well with children at all grade levels with special educational needs
• promote positive social interaction
• relevant postsecondary training
• experience working with children with special educational needs
• computer literacy
• willingness to be flexible regarding hours of employment, at the discretion of the principal, so as to accommodate the needs of students.
• willingness and means to travel to outlying community schools in Benito, Bowsman, and Minitonas.
Application forms are available at the Division Office. Please also submit resume and references. Starting salary is $16.17 per hour plus 4% vacation pay.
Please note: It is the responsibility of each person hired to provide proof of criminal record and child abuse registry checks.
Apply to: Patti Hack, Student Services Achievement Coordinator
SVSD Office, 1481 3rd Street North, Box 995, Swan River, MB R0L 1Z0
Phone: 204-734-4531; Fax: 204-734-2273; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org