The Swan Valley School Division invites applications for a custodian position at the Swan Valley Regional Secondary School.
Custodians in schools look after the daily cleaning of floors, desks, furniture, hallways, lockers, washrooms, windows, offices, gyms and anything else that needs cleaning inside and outside of the school. They also perform minor maintenance and repairs as appropriate. Custodians recognize that their job exists primarily because of kids and for kids. School custodians value and take deep pride in upholding a high standard of a clean, safe school and they enjoy doing it.
Criteria for applying:
• Carry out strenuous activities, i.e., move classroom furniture, climb ladders, etc.
• Operate various types of cleaning and repair equipment including powered and non-powered equipment
• Work both independently and as a team and often with limited direction and supervision
• Perform repetitive task lists continually
• Have an enjoyment or appreciation for cleaning, repairs and maintaining buildings and grounds
• Be teachable, trainable and open to change
• Demonstrate clear communication skills, written, oral and some electronic
• Must interact well with other people in a professional manner
• Able to shovel snow, operate snow blower, lawn mower and weed trimmer
• Perform general maintenance and repairs on building and equipment
• Responsible attitude towards personal and overall safety, especially in the workplace
• Knowledge and experience in cleaning and maintaining buildings, in particular floor maintenance.
40 hours/week, Friday to Tuesday, 4:00 p.m. to 12:00 Midnight
Salary $3372.00/month with benefits
Duties to commence as mutually agreed upon
Submit detailed resume along with three work related references to Chris Staniland, Maintenance Supervisor, SVSD, 1481 3rd Street North, Box 995, Swan River, MB, R0L 1Z0; Phone: 204-734-4531 ; Fax 204-734-2273. Email: email@example.com
Please note: Successful applicant must provide proof of Criminal Record and Child Abuse Registry Checks. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications close June 27, 2019 at 12:00 p.m. (noon)