The Swan Valley School Division invites applications for a full time permanent Vice-Principal for Swan Valley Regional Secondary School. This position is effective September 3, 2019.
SVRSS is a Grade 9 to 12 academic and vocational high school located in the Town of Swan River. The school has an enrollment of approximately 475 students. Swan River is a community of about 3,500 people and is a thriving community with numerous stores, recreational facilities, restaurants, health care facilities and many service industries.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and training:
• hold a Manitoba Teaching Certificate
• strong leadership and team building skills
• believe in a collaborative leadership style
• experience as an instructional leader at school/division level
• willing to work collaboratively as a member of a professional learning community
• the ability to work effectively with diverse students and parent groups
• ability to work with Microsoft office programs
• familiarity with Power School – SIS would be an asset
• familiarity with social media
• commitment to lifelong learning and professional development
• administrative experience and graduate level qualifications are an asset but not required
• experience in Indigenous Education and familiarity with the calls to actions outlined in the Truth and Reconciliation report would be an asset.
Completed Criminal Record Check including the Vulnerable Sector and the Child Abuse Registry are a condition of employment.
Enclose a cover letter, resume, recent performance appraisals and references with contact information addressed to: Tim Mendel, Superintendent/CEO, Swan Valley School Division. Send application package electronically to Dani McFadyen email@example.com
Closing date – May 7, 2019 – 12:00 p.m.